When it comes to assessing the condition of a commercial roofing system, it’s important to keep in mind that there are other options besides the typical replace or repair jobs. There are also roof coatings. When used as part of an appropriate maintenance program, these coatings have been known to extend the life expectancy and performance of a roof.
At Coleman Roofing, we apply reflective roof coatings to commercial roof substrates, which make them last longer by keeping the roof surface cool and providing a level of protection from long-term exposure to UV rays and inclement weather. This not only helps lower rooftop temperatures but also reduces heating and cooling costs.
Silicone Roof Coatings
While there are many kinds of roof coatings on the market today, Silicone roof coating systems stand out for a number of reasons. Silicones are moisture cured, such that using silicone in some applications can eliminate the need for a primer. Your roofer can use silicone roof coating to preserve and/or restore your asphalt, concrete, metal, or single-ply low sloped, commercial roofing system. Their moisture-curing system can be applied in a single coat without blistering to restore and repair your existing roof and without the need for a costly tear-off.
Its main advantage is that it stands up to constant exposure to the weather better than most other coatings available today, with almost no erosion. This makes it the ideal choice for ponding water situations. Other benefits include:
- Silicone roof coatings are durable and don’t get hard or brittle
- They are environmentally friendly with low VOCs and no hydrocarbon solvents
- They provide seamless waterproofing
- They are cost-effective, especially in terms of lower labor and material costs
- Silicone roof coatings boast UV resistant capabilities and are highly reflective
- Superior adhesion and durability
- Extends the lifespan of your roof without spending a fortune on maintenance costs
Coleman Roofing is the company to call for your residential and commercial roofing concerns across Baton Rouge, LA, and the surrounding areas. Call us now at (225) 379-7663 to get started with a FREE estimate. We also handle other projects, such as skylights, awnings and gutters.